- We aspire to create an inspirational environment for the development of your people
- We are a large and inclusive community football club
- We are 1 club, 8 teams (6 male & 2 female teams)
- Care – We care for each other
- Teamwork – Together Everyone Achieves More
- Responsibility – We are responsible for our actions
- Continuous Improvement – We continually strive to improve
President: Tim Shearer
General Manager and Secretary: Peter Simpson
- First joined the VAFA in 1894 as Scotch Collegians. The club disbanded at the conclusion of the 1895 season.
- Re-joined the VAFA in 1921 as Old Scotch Collegians Football Club and with the exception of the 2nd World War, *has competed continuously and celebrating its centenary in 2021.
- Competed in VAFA Premier ‘A’ section for 70 years out of a possible 87 years, the most of any club.
- Won 9 Men’s Premier ‘A’ section and 3 Premier ‘B’ section premierships.
- Last Men’s senior premiership was in 1978. We are working hard to change that bit of our history.
- Changed our name from ‘Old Scotch Collegians Football Club’ to ‘Old Scotch Football Club’ in 2003.
- Fielded our first ever women’s team, the Old Scotch Stars, in partnership with Methodist Ladies College in 2018 and *Won its first women’s premiership in 2019.
- Won our first under 19 premiership in the Premier section in 2019 since 1952.
- Won three premierships in 2019, first time the club has won more than 1 premierships in any given year.
OUR POINT OF DIFFERENCE
- We seek sustainable success
- We are hard to play against, whilst playing in the spirit of the VAFA ethos & rules
- Provide pathways for our male & female players & coaches
- Prioritise support to (i) our own (ii) feeder clubs (iii) others
- Players play, coaches coach & administrators administer
- We aspire for our people to leave as better people than when they joined us
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO PLAY FOR THE OLD SCOTCH FOOTBALL CLUB
- We are proud of our great history
- We are proud of our jumper and what it represents
- We are proud of ourselves
- We give 100% and are hard to beat
- We are humble winners & respectful in defeat
DESTINATION OF CHOICE
- We aim for respect in the football community at all levels
- We are building a successful/vibrant business network
- We seek to provide excellent career opportunities within our network
- We aim to provide the best possible resources in community football on and off the field
- We are building leading edge coaching capability, resources & facilities
OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
- Scotch College
- Old Scotch Collegians’ Association
- Methodist Ladies College
- Camberwell Sharks Junior Football Club
- Victorian Amateur Football Association
- City of Boroondara
- Good Sports Victoria
- Australian Sports Foundation
OUR MAJOR CORPORATE PARTNERS
- McQueen Financial Group
- Australian Venue Co.
- Auburn Hotel
- Melbourne Toyota
- Melbourne Lexus
- K2 Asset Management
- Bendigo Bank – Canterbury Community Branch
- X Blades
- Jellis Craig
- The Old Scotch Football Club Foundation was established in 2019
- Established to position club to best deliver sustained success on/off the field
- Assists funding club’s staffing and coaching expenses
- Provides a reliable and growing income stream for the club
- Intended to be a lasting centenary year legacy for future generations
- Aim is to future-proof the Old Scotch Football Club
- We rely on the generosity of our members to offer our players with quality playing, training and coaching resources
- Members receive recognition in club communications and the Annual Report
- Receive a membership card and editions of the Club’s e-newsletter – The Drumsheet
Through our partnership with the Australian Sports Foundation your annual membership with the club (via the ASF) attracts a tax deduction
OSFC on Social media: